Is your pet having a definite medical emergency, or are you unsure? Call Main Street Veterinary Center right away at (863) 534-9584 if it’s during our regular business hours. Our team will answer any questions you have and help you figure out what you need to do next to help your pet.
Please note that we may refer your pet to a 24/7 emergency hospital if we think they will need advanced care and overnight monitoring.
After-Hours Emergency Hospitals
If our hospital is closed, please contact or go straight to one of the following emergency animal hospitals in the area:
Signs Your Pet Might be Having a Medical Emergency
Contact our hospital or one of our referral emergency hospitals right away if your pet is exhibiting any of the following:
- Hemorrhaging from a wound
- Bleeding from nose, ears, mouth, or anus
- Struggling to breathe
- Having a seizure
- Unable to walk or stand
- Ingested something toxic
- Suffered potential trauma from a fall, collision, or wildlife attack
- Continuous vomiting/diarrhea
- Difficulty urinating/defecating
- Not eating or drinking for over 24 hours