What Do Wellness Exams Entail?
The exam itself is just the start. Below are the different treatments and services you can expect for a typical wellness exam:
- A thorough review of your pet’s health history and any medical records they currently have
- An equally thorough, head-to-tail examination that also includes a vitals check
- Blood work to screen for parasites, check organ function and values, and set a health baseline
- Administration of parasite preventative
- Deworming (this is often recommended for puppies and kittens)
- Any recommended vaccinations
- A discussion about your pet’s nutrition, behavior, and more
Why We Recommend Annual Pet Exams
Dogs and cats age rapidly, which means they experience health changes much more quickly. Furthermore, they instinctively try to hide pain and sickness, which makes it harder for pet owners to discern when something is wrong. Keeping up with regular exams gives our vet team the ability to catch subtle signs of illness early on, and prescribe an appropriate treatment before the illness can get worse.
Our goal is to work together with you to understand your pet as well as we understand our own pets, and do everything we can to prevent them from getting sick and being more vulnerable to other issues later in life. We can provide personalized, age-specific care that meets all your pet’s unique needs.
Get in touch with us today to book an appointment and keep your pet on track for another healthy year!